Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lemon Garlic Pork Chops with Lemon Tarragon Asparagus

As you might have guessed I LOVE lemon. And I LOVE garlic, so this recipe jumped out at me right away. It was simple, about 5-6 ingredients and it included fresh lemon juice and zest. Now the original recipe in the book called from Lamb chops, but after not finding any in the market, I went with pork chops, thin cut. I'm sure it would have been a bit tasty with Lamb, even though I can't say I've ever eaten lamb and after reading the book Skinny Bitch probably will never eat lamb or meat after this. The pork chops turned out pretty tasty but as always seem to end up dry. I'm not sure what to do with the other 3 pieces I have left over, as microwaving them to warm up will just dry them up more. Any ideas???
As for the asparagus, just as simple and lemon without garlic, but with tarragon, which I realized now I've never had and didn't care for as it tasted like black licorice which I HATE. Luckily the lemon made up for it and I didn't use as mush tarragon as it called for.
But if you love lemon like I do and lots of garlic this is a good recipe to try.

The recipes are as follows:

Lemon Garlic Marinated "Lamb" Pork Chops
1 tbl of olive oil
2 tbl of fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp of lemon zest
2 tbl of fresh chopped oregano
6 cloves of garlic minced (I only used 3 large cloves)
Preheat the broiler, or grill pan over medium heat. In a small bowl mix all ingredients except for lamb chops. Then combine everything in a sealed bag, moving the chops around to get covered. Then marinate for 20 mins -1 hour at room temperature. Remove the chops from marinade and discard the extra marinade. Grill or broil the chops for 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare.

Lemon Tarragon Asparagus
1 bunch of cut asparagus (woody bottoms removed)
1 tbl of water
1 tbl of olive oil
1/2 tsp of lemon zest
2 tbl of fresh lemon juice
1/4 salt
pinch of ground black pepper
1 tsp of fresh chopped tarragon

Place the asparagus in a microwave safe bowl, cover tightly and microwave for 2 minutes. Drain well.
While asparagus is cooking, whisk together in a bowl oil, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the asparagus , add tarragon toss and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment