Monday, August 10, 2009

Nightstand

My mom had picked some roses from my backyard bushes when I was gone this weekend. She had done it before when watching the dogs and it always reminds of the beauty that lies outside my bedroom window.
Tonight as I let the dogs out for their last potty break I started to stop and smell the roses, literally. I know cliche of me, but it was true. Sometimes they smell like vintage roses that take you back in time and other times no smell at all. Tonight they had a soft old fashion smell to them and I decided to pick some in the dark for my nightstand.
As I was closing up the house I just saw a nice little vignette that I thought I would try to capture. I think between the roses, orange notebook, Julia Child book and the photo of my beloved Frankie in the background, it makes me feel very french and vintage while reading by my pretty pale blue lampshade. And it will remind to stop and smell the roses more.

No comments:

Post a Comment