Saturday, July 23, 2011

Retro Flowers Series

It's amazing what all technology can do these days. As much as I LOVE the convinence and quickness of all our digital cameras, phones and computers I still miss the days of a good old fashion Polaroid transfer. My dad recent gave me his old film camera and it's sad to think they don't even really make film anymore. There are no more darkrooms to hide in and patiently wait for your film and pictures to develop (oh , how I LOVED the smell of developer). I wonder what photography classes are like nowadays, all computers and programs to "develop" your photos into artwork.
With that said, I must say I have found an app on my cellphone no less, that takes photos and makes them look like old fashion Polaroid transfers. I like the raw edges and color balance that tweaks it just so to make it look vintage. So far I like how roses from my garden look through this app and thought I would start a Retro Flowers series. And of course, Charlie sneaks into a few photos too. I'm sure there is a program in Photoshop too that creates this look, but of course I don't have the patience to learn it. Here are the first few I've taken on my cellphone (T-Mobile MyTouch, Retro Camera App, Little Orange box camera).


No comments:

Post a Comment